Based on the overwhelming response we have received from various parts of the country, we have decided to set aside one hall for a Speakers’ Corner at the venue Vigyan Bhawan, to run parallel to the conference. Those interested in making a short 5-7minutes’ presentation may please send in a one-page abstract with the following details:
1. Full name, designation and organizational affiliation. If working independently, then a short bio of your work.
2. The area you would like to present in – the overall use of “ICT for sustainable development”; or in one of the themes: agriculture, education, e-governance or health. You may also showcase, for example, the successful use of mobile technologies or social media aimed at specific communities.
3. A one-page abstract, including information on your project, its scope, reach and real or potential impact. Those with “demonstrable” results will be preferred.
4. The medium you would like to use to make this presentation: a simple talk, documentary, Power Point slides etc.
5. Whether there will be more than one presenter and the names/ organizational details for the same.
6. A high-resolution picture (300 dpi) of presenter/ presenters.
· No expenses will be borne by the organisers for the travel/ accommodation/ or local commuting of the presenters and/ or their colleagues. We request you to please also use the online registration form to register your participation.
· No fee will be charged except the token amount for registration online, and we will provide all the required audio-visual support for your presentations.
· If your presentation does not correspond to the overall conference theme, we regret that we may not be able to include it. It must be related to the use of IT for development and fall broadly within one of the four streams: health, agriculture, e-governance or agriculture. However, if your project/ work are directly related to the use of IT to promote development, albeit in an area not directly related to one of the themes, it may still be submitted.
You may submit the requisite details to Preeti Singh at
We hope to get as many participants as possible on board, so that WITFOR 2012 can offer a truly vibrant idea-exchange between different stakeholders.
Looking forward to your participation!