The General information.pdf contains practical information about WITFOR 2009. Most of this information is also accessible via different parts on this website. For a quick overview some info is also shown below.
DATE : WITFOR 2009 will be held on 26 – 28 August 2009 in Ha Noi, Viet Nam.
VENUE: National Convention Centre
Add.: Me Tri – Tu Liem – Ha Noi
Tel.: +84 80 41183/80 41193
Fax.: + 84 80 41531
The National Convention Centre (NCC), a unique state-of-the-art complex, is situated on an area of 64 hectares to the South West of the capital Ha Noi, an ideal venue for political, economic, cultural and social events for both international and local organizations and agencies.
Working language for WITFOR 2009 and related meetings is English.
Viet Nam’s standard time zone is GMT +7 hours.
· Visas are exempted for the citizens of the countries which have signed a bilateral visa exemption agreement with Viet Nam. See the list in the annex.
· Visa with 30-day validity is exempted for citizens of ASEAN member countries holding different types of passports.
· Citizens of Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Japan and South Korea holding different types of passports are exempted from visa requirements and allowed to stay for not more than 15 days.
All other citizens are required to get an entry visa at the Viet Nam's Diplomatic Mission in their countries before departure or a pre-approved entry visa (visa is issued on arrival at Viet Nam’s International Airports for delegates from countries with no Viet Nam Diplomatic Missions) supplied before arrival in Viet Nam.
The registration form includes a section that indicates the necessary information for Visa Application. See for details the registration form.
· The WITFOR 2009 Secretariat will provide scheduled shuttle buses from/to airport to all delegates. To assist the arrangements, delegates are requested to inform the Meeting Secretariat on their flight itineraries as indicated in the Registration Form.
· For those who wish to self-arrange their own transportation, the taxi service is available from Noi Bai International Airport to the Hotel. The fare is from VND 170,000 to VND 250,000 (equivalent to $10 - $15).
· Liaison Officers will be responsible for the special transportation of Ministers.
· The Secretariat will provide daily pick-up service from/to the designated hotels to meeting venue.
The legal tender of Viet Nam is Dong (VND). For money changing, banks and money changers are conveniently located over the city and at the airport, as well as at the hotels. One US$ is approximately equal to Dong 18,000 (as of 3 Apr. 2009). Major banks are open from 9 a.m. to 3.30 p.m., Monday to Friday. All main credit cards are welcome, such as VISA, MASTER, AMEX….
Medical doctors will stand by throughout the meeting. Please contact Information Desk/hotel or the Secretariat if any health problem occurs. Necessary immediate transportation (ambulance) is available upon request. All delegates are advised to obtain travel insurance for your mission to Viet Nam.
Emergency Call: 115
Weather and Tourist Information
In Ha Noi there are four distinct seasons: Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter. But a year can also be divided into two main periods: the rainy season from May to September when it is hot with heavy rains, and the dry season from October to April when it is cold with little rainfall. Ha Noi’s average daily temperature in August range from 25ºC to 35ºC (~ 77ºF to 95ºF).
Information on tourism and other information can be found on the following websites:
The standard electricity supply in Viet Nam is 220 Volts, 50 Hz, AC. Most plugs are two-pin with rounded pins, except in international standard hotels.
Phone and internet services
Both GSM and CDMA mobile phone systems are in operation although the former is more popular. SIM cards are readily available for GSM mobile phones and can be bought in any convenience stores, post offices or hotels.
IDD: + country code + area code + phone number
Broadband and wireless internet services are available in all major hotels and at the meeting venues.
For all WITFOR 2009 meetings, business attire is recommended.
Dress code for dinners is recommended smart casual.
See registration section on the website
ACCOMMODATION and Hotel Information
Delegates are recommended to stay at the designated hotels. See detailed list of hotels on the website.